Monday 6 February 2012

Things start to get serious!

A quiet week to finish off Ian's first 4 week block of training.  I managed to get every session in, but had to fit it all in around a busy work schedule so the latter half of the week was loaded with more exercise than I wanted to do.  Overall this week I did 10Km swim, 116.5Km bike and 25.3Km running, all done in Zone 1.  I start Chris's core programme this week and I also started work with a physio, Paul Sanderson, who has given me some stretches to do.  These seem to be making a big difference to a persistent shoulder problem that is most noticeable while swimming.  One knock back this week was being told that I wouldn't be able to use the local cycle track for the bike section of the Deca.  It would have been an ideal venue, but it wasn't a total surprise that I wasn't allowed to use it.  No reason given, but I'm guessing that insurance and Health & Safety issues played a large part.  I've got a few alternative routes in mind and now just have to go and check them out.  As I tell more people about my challenge it is all seeming to get a bit real now, and the level of commitment is ramping up, as is Ian's training plan for Feb!  I'm going to have to be more disciplined about when I do my training now, if I am to follow his plan.  Off to see a dietician this week, which should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment