Tuesday 4 October 2011

Week 3 - progress

There is a book called 'The Celestine Prophecy' by James Refield, the basic tenet of which is that if you commit to something then lots of little coincidences occur that will help you reach your goal.  You just need to stay attuned to the messages that surround you.  So it was this week, as I managed to pick up a few contacts that might help me organise the Deca.  Can't say too much at the moment, as I haven't approached the people concerned, but here's hoping.  A good training week last week.  I'm still taking it steady but gradually increasing the volume.  Weight continues to fall, but not helped by a weeked binge (big jammy cream scone during a lovely bike ride with friends, then dinner out with more friends in the evening).  Had my first thirst pangs for alcohol too, but managed to resist.  I'm  now looking for a few adventures/races to keep the training interesting between now and Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment