Monday 24 October 2011

Life gets in the way....

A mix of a heavier than  usual workload and illness, meant that the last two weeks have had vastly reduced training volumes, with really only some running being recorded as decent training.  I find that there is a relationship between my attitude to exercise/general sense of well being, my diet and my fitness.  If one of these slips, the other two quickly follow and I get on a vicious circle of decline.  So, when work gets heavy, I get tired, eat the wrong things and then don't train properly.  Luckily I was able to re-invigorate myself with a trip to the Alps, with some friends from the tri club over the weekend.  Two lovely trail runs in the high mountains, in glorious autumn weather, plus a surprise opportunity to swim in an open water 50M pool.  Now back in the groove and looking forward to a good week of training.  Weight and body fat % continue to drop steadily (I'm averaging about 0.5kg a week, which is in line with expectations, although there is lots blubber to go at!!).  I am enjoying my training at the moment - it's nice not to be too hard on myself and just focus on losing weight and regaining a base level of  endurance, but I do need to balance that with a more structured programme of steady increase in distances.  Hopefully this week should be a good one and will be topped off with a small reward of going mountain biking in Wales, on the Marin Trail - one of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment