Tuesday 13 September 2011

My first discovery

Well, started training in earnest yesterday.  After a year off from 'proper' training, I'm starting easy, with a series of gentle sprint distance tris in the gym. My main focus is to lose weight initially, and build a base level of fitness again.  I'm ashamed to say that the stats show I'm currently 84kg and 23% body fat!!  How did I get like this?  Too much food and a lot of studying is the answer.  Last time I had my VO2 max measured it was around 55, so lots of work to do before Xmas.  I'm not going to focus on any speed or performance measures at the moment, just on losing weight and building base fitness.

And my first discovery?  'Doing the Deca' seems to be a search term used by body builders who are using a particular 'stacking' regime for steroid intake.  Just for the record I am TOTALLY OPPOSED to drug taking in sport, although having studied it as part of my Sports Psychology Masters, I can understand how people get to the point where they do it.  It's still dirty and wrong though, and nothing to do with what my personal project is about!

No comments:

Post a Comment