Monday 19 September 2011

First week over

So, the first week of proper training is over and first challenge completed.  I'd set myself the task of doing 5 sprint distance triathlons in the gym (at a nice easy pace!).  Really, it was just to get back into the discipline of training again.  This went remarkably well, considering the lack of training in last 12 months.  The fourth one was bit of an ordeal as I'd eaten less than 300 calories before starting, so 'bonked' on the run.  I ended up having to do it as set of intervals!  On the spur of the moment, I finished the week by entering the British Heart Foundation 'Midnight Ride' from Manchester to Blackpool.  It seemed like a good opportunity to have an experience of riding through the night.  It was a hugely enjoyable experience, if a bit cold and wet, but that was all forgotten with a bowl of hot porridge at the finish line.  Did the 52 miles in 3h 5min, which I was quite pleased with, mostly because I held a steady pace throughout, so there must be a little bit of fitness in there!  Now suffering from a lack of sleep.  (Weight now down to just over 82 kg, so progress is being made!).  It's going to be harder to train this week, as I've a heavy workload which is also taking me away from home.
Total hours training 11h 30min approx.

No comments:

Post a Comment